- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
Urban Development, England
7th February 2012
Laid before Parliament
14th February 2012
Coming into force
9th March 2012
The Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, in exercise of the powers conferred by section 198 of the Localism Act 2011(1), having been notified of the designation of a Mayoral development area and of the name to be given to the Mayoral development corporation for the area, by the Mayor of London under section 197(6)(b) and (c) of the 2011 Act, makes the following Order—
1. (1) This Order may be cited as the London Legacy Development Corporation (Establishment) Order 2012 and comes into force on 9th March 2012.
(2) In this Order—
“the 2011 Act” means the Localism Act 2011;
“Mayoral development area” means the area described in article 2 of this Order.
2. (1) The Mayoral development area is the area of land, in Greater London, shown bounded externally by the inside edge of a black line on the map.
(2) In paragraph (1), “the map” means the map marked “Map referred to in the London Legacy Development Corporation (Establishment) Order 2012” of which prints signed by a Director in the Department for Communities and Local Government have been deposited, and are available for inspection, at the offices of the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government and at the offices of the Greater London Authority.
3. There is established a corporation for the Mayoral development area named the “London Legacy Development Corporation”.
Signed by authority of the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government.
Parliamentary Under Secretary of State
Department for Communities and Local Government
7th February 2012
(This note is not part of the Order)
This Order establishes a Mayoral development corporation in relation to an area, designated as a Mayoral development area, which encompasses the site of the Olympic Park and surrounding areas. The area is shown bounded externally by the inner edge of a black line on the map referred to in Article 2 of this Order. The Mayoral development corporation is to be called the London Legacy Development Corporation (article 3).
A full impact assessment has not been prepared for this Order as no impact on the private or voluntary sectors is foreseen.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: