- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
18th September 2012
Coming into force in accordance with article 1
The Secretary of State, in exercise of the powers conferred by sections 1(1), 6(1) and (5) and 35(2) of the Public Bodies Act 2011(1) (“the Act), makes this Order.
In accordance with section 8 of the Act, the Secretary of State considers that this Order—
(a)serves the purpose of improving the exercise of public functions, having regard to efficiency, effectiveness, economy and securing appropriate accountability to Ministers;
(b)does not remove any necessary protection or prevent any person from continuing to exercise any right or freedom which that person might reasonably expect to continue to exercise.
The Secretary of State has consulted in accordance with section 10 of the Act.
A draft of this Order and an explanatory document containing the information required in section 11(2) of the Act have been laid before Parliament in accordance with section 11(1) of the Act after the end of the period of twelve weeks mentioned in section 11(3).
In accordance with section 11(4) of the Act, a draft of this Order has been approved by a resolution of each House of Parliament after the expiry of the 40-day period referred to in that provision.
1. (1) This Order may be cited as the Public Bodies (Abolition of Regional and Local Fisheries Advisory Committees) Order 2012.
(2) Article 2 comes into force on the day after the day on which this Order is made.
(3) Article 3 comes into force on the day after article 2 comes into force.
2. (1) The regional and local fisheries advisory committees established under section 13(2) of the Environment Act 1995(3) are abolished, except the regional fisheries advisory committee established pursuant to subsection (5) (Wales) of that section and any local fisheries advisory committee established for any part of that committee’s region.
(2) The duties of the Environment Agency under subsection (1) of that section cease to have effect, except in relation to the regional fisheries advisory committee established pursuant to subsection (5) of that section and any local fisheries advisory committee established for any part of that committee’s region.
3. In Schedule 1 to the Public Bodies Act 2011, the entry relating to regional and local fisheries advisory committees is repealed.
Parliamentary Under Secretary of State
Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
18th September 2012
(This note is not part of the Order)
This Order abolishes regional and local fisheries advisory committees established in England under section 13(1) of the Environment Act 1995 (c. 25) and removes the requirement for the Environment Agency to establish and maintain those committees. No impact assessment has been carried out as no impact on business is foreseen.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: