- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. (1) These Regulations may be cited as the Wireless Telegraphy (Crown Recognised Spectrum Access) Regulations 2009 and shall come into force on 23rd January 2009.
(2) These Regulations shall not extend to the Channel Islands or to the Isle of Man.
2. The circumstances of the use of a wireless telegraphy station or wireless telegraphy apparatus, specified for the purpose of section 18(1)(b) of the Wireless Telegraphy Act 2006, are circumstances where the station or apparatus is operated within any of the frequency bands listed in the Schedule by or on behalf of the Crown.
3. A decision on an application for a grant of recognised spectrum access which is made to the Office of Communications (“OFCOM”) will be made, notified to the applicant and published not more than six weeks after the day of the receipt of the application by OFCOM.
4. (1) Before a grant of RSA is made, OFCOM must receive an application by or on behalf of the Crown which contains—
(a)the name and address of the person applying; and
(b)the frequency band in the Schedule in respect of which it is proposed that the grant is made.
5. A grant of recognised spectrum access may be subject to—
(a)a condition providing for the duration of the grant;
(b)a restriction on the exercise by OFCOM of their power to revoke or modify the grant;
(c)a condition requiring payment of fees; and
(d)conditions describing the limits of the use of the electromagnetic spectrum which is recognised by the grant by reference to—
(i)the location of the wireless telegraphy station or wireless telegraphy apparatus;
(ii)the purpose of use of the electromagnetic spectrum;
(iii)the frequencies for that use; and
(iv)the strength and type of signal.
Chief Executive of the Office of Communications
for and by the authority of the Office of Communications
9th January 2009
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: