- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. This Order may be cited as the Health Act 1999 (Supplementary, Consequential etc. Provisions) Order 2000 and shall come into force for the purposes of article 3(2) on 1st April 2000 and for all other purposes on 8th February 2000.
2.—(1) Subject to the following paragraphs, this Order extends only to England and Wales.
(2) Article 1, this Article, paragraphs 3, 5, 8, 11, 14, 22, 26, 28, 29 and 33 of Schedule 1 to this Order and article 3(1), in so far as it relates to those paragraphs, extend to the whole of the United Kingdom.
(3) Paragraphs 6, 9, 23, 27 and 30 of Schedule 1 to this Order and article 3(1), in so far as it relates to those paragraphs, extend to England and Wales and to Scotland, but not to Northern Ireland.
(4) Paragraphs 2 and 4 of Schedule 2 to this Order and article 3(2), in so far as it relates to those paragraphs, extend to England and Wales and to Scotland, but not to Northern Ireland.
(5) Any reference to a Primary Care Trust in any enactment amended by this Order is to be construed as a reference to a Primary Care Trust established for an area in England.
3.—(1) The enactments specified in Schedule 1 to this Order are amended as there specified.
(2) The enactments specified in Schedule 2 to this Order are amended as there specified.
4. Sections 238 and 239 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (use and development of consecrated land and burial grounds)(1) shall apply to consecrated ground or, as the case may be, land comprised in a burial ground (within the meaning of section 240 of that Act) which a Primary Care Trust established for an area in England holds for any of its purposes as if–
(a)that land had been the subject of a relevant acquisition (within the meaning of that section) by the trust, and
(b)the trust were a statutory undertaker within the meaning of those sections(2).
Signed by authority of the Secretary of State
Minister of State,
Department of Health
18th January 2000
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: