- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
LOCAL GOVERNMENT, ENGLAND AND WALES
CHANGES IN LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREAS
24th May 1993
Laid before Parliament
2nd June 1993
Coming into force
for the purposes referred to in article 1(2)
1st December 1993
for all other purposes
1st April 1994
The Secretary of State, in exercise of his powers under sections 51(2) and 67(4) of the Local Government Act 1972(1) and of all other powers enabling him in that behalf, hereby makes the following Order which gives effect to proposals submitted to him under sections 47, 48(1) and 51(1) of that Act, more than six weeks before the making of this Order, by the Local Government Boundary Commission for England:
1. (1) This Order may be cited as the Heathrow Airport (County and London Borough Boundaries) Order 1993.
(2) This Order shall come into force on 1st December 1993 for any purpose set out in regulation 4(1) of the Local Government Area Changes Regulations 1976(2).
(3) For all other purposes, this Order shall come into force on 1st April 1994.
2. In this Order—
“Buckinghamshire” means the county of Buckinghamshire, and any reference to South Bucks is a reference to the district of that name in that county;
“electoral division” means an electoral division of the county of Buckinghamshire(3);
“Hillingdon” means the London borough of Hillingdon;
“Hounslow” means the London borough of Hounslow;
“the map” means the map prepared by the Department of the Environment, marked “Map of the Heathrow Airport (County and London Borough Boundaries) Order 1993”, duly numbered for reference, and deposited in accordance with regulation 5 of the Local Government Area Changes Regulations 1976;
“Surrey” means the county of Surrey, and any reference to Spelthorne is a reference to the Surrey borough of that name; and except in article 3(2)(c), “ward” means a ward of a district, borough or London borough(4). Transfers between Buckinghamshire (South Bucks) and Greater London (Hillingdon)
3. (1) The areas which are marked B1 and B3 on the map shall be transferred from Buckinghamshire, from South Bucks, and from the parish of Iver to—
(c)the Heathrow ward;
(d)the Hillingdon petty sessional area and the Western London coroner’s district; and to
(e)the Metropolitan Police District; and shall cease to form part of any parish.
(2) The area which is marked B2 on the map shall be transferred from Greater London, from Hillingdon, and from the Heathrow ward to—
(c)the Iver and Colnbrook ward, and the Iver and Colnbrook electoral division;
(d)the parish of Iver, and the Colnbrook ward of that parish; and to
(e)the Burnham petty sessional division and the South Buckinghamshire coroner’s district; and shall cease to form part of the Metropolitan Police District. Transfers from Surrey (Spelthorne) to Greater London (Hillingdon)
4. (1) The following areas—
(a)the part of The Moors ward marked B4 on the map; and
(b)the part of the Stanwell North ward marked B5 on the ma shall be transferred from Surrey and from Spelthorne to Greater London, to Hillingdon, to the Heathrow ward, and to the Hillingdon petty sessional area and the Western London coroner’s district.
(2) In consequence of the changes effected by paragraph (1), the area marked DW1 on the map shall be transferred from the Stanwell North ward of Spelthorne to the Stanwell South ward of that borough.
5. The areas which are marked B6, B7 and B8 on the map shall be transferred from Hounslow, and from the East Bedfont ward to Hillingdon, to the Heathrow ward, and to the Hillingdon petty sessional area.
6. (1) In this article, “provision” means a provision of a development plan (as defined in section 336(1) of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990(5)).
(2) Any provision applying to an area transferred by this Order shall continue to apply to that area, notwithstanding the transfer, until replaced by a provision which so applies, and which is expressed to supersede the preserved provision.
Signed by authority of the Secretary of State
Parliamentary Under Secretary of State,
Department of the Environment
24th May 1993
(This note is not part of the Order)
This Order unites the whole of Heathrow Airport in Greater London, and in the London borough of Hillingdon by transferring areas—
(a)between Buckinghamshire (district of South Bucks) and Hillingdon (article 3);
(b)from Surrey (borough of Spelthorne) to Hillingdon (article 4);
(c)from the London borough of Hounslow to Hillingdon (article 5).
The new boundary thus created follows the M25 motorway, the A3113 road, the Southern Perimeter Road, the Bedfont Road, the Stanwell Road, the A30 road and the river Crane.
The approximate hectarage and population affected is as follows Article 3 Transferred to Hillingdon-Area: 5 hectares Population: Nil Transferred from Hillingdon-Area: less than 1 hectare Population: Nil Article 4 Transferred to Hillingdon-Area: 320 hectares Population: 75 Article 5 Transferred to Hillingdon-Area: 190 hectares Population: Nil Consequential changes are made to local government electoral areas, petty sessional divisions and coroners' districts.
The only parish affected is the parish of Iver in South Bucks.
The map forming part of this Note (Page 4) gives a general guide to the areas affected.
Prints of the detailed order map (described in article 2) may be inspected at all reasonable times at the offices of the council for each county, borough, district or London borough affected, and additionally at the offices of the Secretary of State for the Environment located in 2, Marsham Street, London SW1P 3EB.
Every non-metropolitan county is divided into electoral divisions for the purposes of the election of county councillors (section 6(2)(a) of the Local Government Act 1972). Greater London is not so divided.
Every district (including a London borough) is divided into wards for the purposes of the election of district councillors (section 6(2)(b) and (c) of the Local Government Act 1972).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: