- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. A modification or reclassification order shall be made in duplicate with the seal of the surveying authority (“the authority”) and the date of making inserted after the order before its Schedule.
2. Where any notice to be served on an owner or occupier in accordance with paragraph 3(2)(b)(i) of Schedule 15 to the Act is sent under cover otherwise than in a prepaid registered letter or by the recorded delivery service, the cover shall have clearly on it in writing the words: “IMPORTANT-THIS COMMUNICATION AFFECTS YOUR PROPERTY”.
3. Where a modification or reclassification order is submitted to the Secretary of State for confirmation, it shall be accompanied by—
(a)two copies of the order;
(b)a copy of the notice required by paragraph 3 of Schedule 15 to the Act and a certificate by the authority that the requirements of that paragraph have been complied with;
(c)a copy of that section of the definitive map and statement which the order when confirmed will modify;
(d)a statement of the grounds on which the authority consider that the order should be confirmed;
(e)any representations or objections which have been duly made with respect to the order and not withdrawn, together with the observations of the authority on them; and
(f)a certificate by the authority that every local authority whose area includes the land to which the order relates has been consulted.
4. After a modification or reclassification order has been confirmed by the Secretary of State the authority shall as soon as the requirements of paragraph 11 of Schedule 15 to the Act have been complied with so certify in writing to the Secretary of State.
5. After a modification or reclassification order has been confirmed the authority who made the order shall send a copy of it as confirmed to the Ordnance Survey.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: