- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. A modification or reclassification order shall be made in duplicate with the seal of the surveying authority (“the authority”) and the date of making inserted after the order before its Schedule.
2. Where any notice to be served on an owner or occupier in accordance with paragraph 3(2)(b)(i) of Schedule 15 to the Act is sent under cover otherwise than in a prepaid registered letter or by the recorded delivery service, the cover shall have clearly on it in writing the words: “IMPORTANT-THIS COMMUNICATION AFFECTS YOUR PROPERTY”.
3. Where a modification or reclassification order is submitted to the Secretary of State for confirmation, it shall be accompanied by—
(a)two copies of the order;
(b)a copy of the notice required by paragraph 3 of Schedule 15 to the Act and a certificate by the authority that the requirements of that paragraph have been complied with;
(c)a copy of that section of the definitive map and statement which the order when confirmed will modify;
(d)a statement of the grounds on which the authority consider that the order should be confirmed;
(e)any representations or objections which have been duly made with respect to the order and not withdrawn, together with the observations of the authority on them; and
(f)a certificate by the authority that every local authority whose area includes the land to which the order relates has been consulted.
4. After a modification or reclassification order has been confirmed by the Secretary of State the authority shall as soon as the requirements of paragraph 11 of Schedule 15 to the Act have been complied with so certify in writing to the Secretary of State.
5. After a modification or reclassification order has been confirmed the authority who made the order shall send a copy of it as confirmed to the Ordnance Survey.
|England and Wales|
British Horse Society
Byways and Bridleways Trust, Open Spaces Society
British Driving Society
Cyclists Touring Club
|The counties of Cheshire, Derbyshire, Greater Manchester, Lancashire, Merseyside, South Yorkshire, Staffordshire and West Yorkshire||Peak and Northern Footpaths Society|
|Within the country of Bedfordshire: the borough of Luton; and within the district of Mid Bedfordshire, the parishes of Harlington and shillington; and within the district of South Bedfordshire the parishes of Barton le Clay, Caddington and Slip End, Dunstable, Eaton Bray, Houghton Regis, Hyde, Kensworth, Streatley, Studham, Sundon, Toddington, Totterhoe and Whipsnade;||Chiltern Society|
|Within the county of Buckinghamshire: the districts of Chiltern, Wycombe and South Bucks; and within the district of Aylesbury Vale, the parishes of Aston Clinton, Buckland, Drayton Beauchamp, Edlesborough, Halton, Ivinghoe, Marsworth, Pitstone, Wendover and Weston Turville;||Chiltern Society|
|Within the county of Hertfordshire: the districts of Dacorum and Three Rivers; and within the district of North Hertfordshire, the parishes of Hexton, Hitchin, Ickleford, St Ippolitts, Kings Walden, Langley, Lilley, Offley, Pirton, Preston and St Pauls Walden;||Chiltern Society|
|Within the county of Oxfordshire, the district of South Oxfordshire;||Chiltern Society|
|Wales||Welsh Trail Riders' Association|
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: