- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made) - English
- Original (As made) - Welsh
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
31.—(1) In respect of the collection of levy, the National Assembly is the competent authority for the purposes of the Community legislation.
(2) For the purposes of —
(a)Article 11(1) of the Council Regulation (which concerns payment of levy by purchasers in respect of deliveries);
(b)Article 12(4) of the Council Regulation (which concerns payment of levy by direct sellers);
(c)Article 8 of the Commission Regulation (which concerns statements by purchasers of deliveries by producers); and
(d)Article 11 of the Commission Regulation (which concerns declarations of direct sales by producers);
the levy and penalties referred to in those provisions must be paid to the National Assembly.
(3) Paragraph (4) applies for the purposes of Article 11(3) of the Council Regulation (which concerns deduction of levy liability) where a producer making deliveries to a purchaser exceeds his or her wholesale quota .
(4) Following any adjustment of the quantity delivered in accordance with Article 10(1) of the Commission Regulation, the purchaser may immediately deduct from the sums owed to the producer in respect of the deliveries an amount corresponding to the amount of levy that would otherwise be payable by him or her in respect of the excess.
(5) Where any part of the levy remains unpaid after 1 September in any year, the National Assembly may recover the amount of the levy outstanding at that date together with interest in respect of each day after that date until that amount is recovered —
(a)from the direct seller or, as the case may be, the purchaser; or
(b)from the producer, in a case within paragraph (4) where—
(i)the purchaser has not paid the levy, and
(ii)the producer has not paid the purchaser the levy either directly or by deduction and the purchaser is not taking steps to recover it from him or her.
(6) Interest under paragraph (5) is payable at the rate of one percentage point above the sterling three month London interbank offered rate.
(7) If —
(a)a purchaser has not been approved pursuant to regulation 5; or
(b)a purchaser has had his or her approval withdrawn by the National Assembly pursuant to Article 23(3) of the Commission Regulation,
subject to paragraph (8), the National Assembly may require any levy payable by the purchaser that has not been paid by him or her to be paid in such proportions as it may reasonably require by any producers whose deliveries to that purchaser have given rise to the liability for levy.
(8) Paragraph (7) does not apply in respect of a producer who has paid the purchaser in question either directly or by deduction the levy payable by that producer.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. The revised version is currently only available in English.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - English:The original English language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - Welsh:The original Welsh language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: