- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
Capital Gains Tax
6th December 2010
Laid before the House of Commons
7th December 2010
Coming into force
1st January 2011
The Treasury make the following Order in exercise of the powers conferred by sections 375 and 376 of the Taxation (International and Other Provisions) Act 2010(1).
1. (1) This Order may be cited as the Taxation (International and Other Provisions) Act 2010 (Amendment) Order 2010 and comes into force on 1st January 2011.
(2) The amendments made by this Order shall be deemed to have come into force on 1st April 2010 and have effect—
(a)for corporation tax purposes, for accounting periods ending on or after 1st April 2010, and
(b)for income tax and capital gains tax purposes, for the tax year 2010-11 and subsequent tax years.
2. In section 151T of the Taxation of Chargeable Gains Act 1992(2) (investment bond arrangements are qualifying corporate bonds) after subsection (6) insert—
“(7) Expressions used in this section have the same meaning as in section 151N.”.
3. In section 832A(6) of the Income Tax (Trading and Other Income) Act 2005(3) (meaning of “double taxation relief arrangements”) for the words from “specified” to the end substitute “which have effect under section 2(1) of TIOPA 2010.”.
4. (1) The Taxation (International and Other Provisions) Act 2010 is amended as follows.
(2) In section 59(6)(b) (profits previously treated as relevant profits) for “section 58” substitute “section 58 or 61 of this Act”.
(3) In section 62(5)(b) (profits previously treated as relevant profits) for “section 61” substitute “section 58 or 61 of this Act”.
(4) For section 210(6) (meaning of “the Commissioners”) substitute—
“(6) In this section—
“the Commissioners” means the Commissioners for Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs, and
“transfer-pricing determination” has the meaning given by section 208(2).”.
Two of the Lords Commissioners of Her Majesty’s Treasury
6th December 2010
(This note is not part of the Order)
This Order exercises powers conferred by the Taxation (International and Other Provisions) Act 2010 to make consequential amendments and undo unintended changes resulting from the work of the Tax Law Re-write project. The Acts affected are the Taxation of Chargeable Gains Act 1992 (c. 12) (article 2), the Income Tax (Trading and Other Income) Act 2005 (c. 5) (article 3) and the Taxation (International and Other Provisions) Act 2010 (c. 8) (article 4) itself.
Authority for the retrospective provision made by this Order is conferred by sections 375(4) and 376(4) of the Taxation (International and Other Provisions) Act 2010.
A full and final Impact Assessment has not been produced for this Order as no impact on the private or voluntary sectors is foreseen.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: