- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1.—(1) The Public Service Vehicles (Registration of Local Services) Regulations 1986(1) are amended as follows.
(2) After regulation 4 insert—
“4A. Regulations 5 to 8 do not apply to any application—
(a)to register particulars of a local service, or
(b)to vary or cancel an existing registration,
to which Part 2 of the Public Service Vehicles (Registration of Local Services) (Quality Contracts Schemes) (England and Wales) Regulations 2009(2) applies.”.
(3) In regulation 5(1), after “Subject to regulations” insert “4A,”.
(4) In regulation 5(2), after “Subject to regulations” insert “4A,”.
(5) In regulation 7(1), for “In the cases” substitute “Subject to regulation 4A, in the cases”.
(6) In regulation 8(1), for “In the cases” substitute “Subject to regulation 4A, in the cases”.
(7) In regulation 9A(1), after “by the person who registered it,” insert “or if the person is required to cease providing it by virtue of section 129(1)(b) of the Transport Act 2000 (prohibition on provision of local services other than under a quality contract),”.
(8) In regulation 9A(3)(a), for “, or” at the end substitute “,”.
(9) In regulation 9A(3)(b), for “it has been dissolved.” substitute “it has been dissolved, or”.
(10) After regulation 9A(3)(b) insert—
“(c)the person is required to cease providing the service by virtue of section 129(1)(b) of the Transport Act 2000 (prohibition on provision of local services other than under a quality contract).”.
S.I. 1986/1671. These Regulations have been revoked in relation to Scotland by SSI 2001/219, regulation 3(1) and Schedule 2. Regulation 5 was substituted in relation to England and Wales by S.I. 2004/10, regulations 2 and 6, and amended by S.I. 2009/443, regulation 7 and the Schedule, paragraph 2. Regulation 7 was amended by S.I. 1988/1879, regulation 5; S.I. 1989/1064, regulation 4; and S.I. 2004/10, regulations 2 and 7. Regulation 8 was amended by S.I. 2004/10, regulations 2 and 8. Regulation 9A was inserted by S.I. 1988/1879, regulation 7 and amended by S.I. 1989/1064, regulation 7. There are other amendments to these Regulations but none is relevant.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: