- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
24. (1) This regulation applies in relation to the carriage of class 7 goods.
(2) The requirements of Schedule 2 are to be complied with in relation to radiological emergencies.
(3) But paragraph (2) does not apply in relation to carriage by vehicles or wagons belonging to or under the responsibility of one of the armed forces.
(4) For the purposes of these Regulations—
(a)“radiological emergency” means a situation arising during the course of the carriage of a consignment that requires urgent action in order to protect workers, members of the public or the population (either partially or as a whole) from exposure;
(b)“exposure” means being exposed to ionising radiation; and
(c)“ionising radiation” means the transfer of energy in the form of particles or electromagnetic waves of a wavelength of 100 nanometres or less, or a frequency of 3x1015 hertz or more, capable of producing ions directly or indirectly.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: