- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
6. (1) The Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board must impose a levy to enable it to provide services for each industry covered by this Order, and Schedule 3 has effect.
(2) All figures in that Schedule exclude VAT.
(3) The levies are to enable the Board to—
(a)cover its costs in providing any of the services specified in Schedule 1;
(b)meet its administrative expenses;
(c)further a purpose in article 3(2); and
(d)establish a reserve fund.
(4) The rate of levy (and any higher rate for late payment of the levy) must be approved annually by the appropriate authority.
(5) The Board may delegate the collection of levy to a subsidiary company.
(6) Levy raised in relation to an industry may only be used in relation to that industry.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: