- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
9.—(1) The Board may by a majority vote elect a member of the Board to be the Deputy Chair.
(2) Where there is no member willing to act as Deputy Chair, the Secretary of State may appoint a Deputy Chair who shall be a member of the Board.
(3) The Deputy Chair shall perform the duties of the Chair for any period in which the Chair is unable to discharge their duties.
(4) Subject to regulation 5(3), where the Secretary of State has appointed the Deputy Chair under paragraph (2), the Deputy Chair shall hold office as the Deputy Chair and member for such period not exceeding four years as the Secretary of State may specify on making the appointment.
(5) The Deputy Chair may submit their resignation as Deputy Chair by giving notice in writing to the Secretary of State.
(6) The Secretary of State may immediately remove the Deputy Chair as Deputy Chair of the Board where the Secretary of State is of the opinion that it is not in the interests of, or conducive to the good management of, the Board for the Deputy Chair to continue as Deputy Chair of the Board.
(7) Where the Secretary of State removes the Deputy Chair as Deputy Chair of the Board under paragraph (6), the Secretary of State shall give notice in writing to the Deputy Chair to that effect.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: