- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
24.—(1) For the guidance of food authorities, the Secretary of State may issue codes of recommended practice as regards the execution and enforcement of the Hygiene Regulations and any such code shall be laid before Parliament after being issued.
(2) The Agency may, after consulting the Secretary of State, give a food authority a direction requiring them to take any specified steps in order to comply with a code issued under this regulation.
(3) In exercise of the functions conferred on them by or under the Hygiene Regulations, every food authority —
(a)shall have regard to any relevant provision of any such code; and
(b)shall comply with any direction which is given under this regulation and requires them to take any specified steps in order to comply with such a code.
(4) Any direction under paragraph (2) shall, on the application of the Agency, be enforceable by mandatory order.
(5) The Agency shall consult the Secretary of State before making an application under paragraph (4).
(6) Before issuing any code under this regulation, the Secretary of State shall have regard to any relevant advice given by the Agency.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: