- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. (1) This Order may be cited as the Pensions Act 2004 (Commencement No. 7) Order 2005.
(2) In this Order the Act means the Pensions Act 2004.
2. (1) The day appointed for the coming into force of section 90 of the Act (codes of practice), in so far as it is not already in force, is 14th November 2005.
(2) The day appointed for the coming into force of section 243 of the Act (member-nominated trustees and directors: supplementary) is 1st November 2005.
(3) The day appointed for the coming into force of
(a)paragraphs 19 and 20 of Schedule 12 to the Act (amendment of the Pension Schemes Act 1993(1)), and section 319(1) of the Act in so far as it relates to those paragraphs; and
(b)Schedule 13 to the Act (repeals), in so far as it relates to the repeal of the definition of occupational pension scheme in subsection (3), and subsection (4), of section 123 of the Pension Schemes Act 1993 (interpretation), and section 320 of the Act in so far as it relates to those provisions,
is 22nd September 2005.
(4) The day appointed for the coming into force of the provisions of the Act specified in Part 1 of the Schedule to this Order is 1st September 2005.
(5) The day appointed for the coming into force of the provisions of the Act specified in Part 2 of the Schedule to this Order
(a)for the purpose only of conferring power to make regulations, is 1st November 2005; and
(b)for all other purposes, is 6th April 2006.
Signed by authority of the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions.
Stephen C. Timms
Minister of State,
Department for Work and Pensions
31st August 2005
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: