- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
4. (1) Subject to paragraph (3), a public authority shall in respect of environmental information that it holds—
(a)progressively make the information available to the public by electronic means which are easily accessible; and
(b)take reasonable steps to organize the information relevant to its functions with a view to the active and systematic dissemination to the public of the information.
(2) For the purposes of paragraph (1) the use of electronic means to make information available or to organize information shall not be required in relation to information collected before 1st January 2005 in non-electronic form.
(3) Paragraph (1) shall not extend to making available or disseminating information which a public authority would be entitled to refuse to disclose under regulation 12.
(4) The information under paragraph (1) shall include at least—
(a)the information referred to in Article 7(2) of the Directive; and
(b)facts and analyses of facts which the public authority considers relevant and important in framing major environmental policy proposals.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: