- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
3.—(1) Subject to paragraphs (3) and (4), these Regulations apply to public authorities.
(2) For the purposes of these Regulations, environmental information is held by a public authority if the information—
(a)is in the authority’s possession and has been produced or received by the authority; or
(b)is held by another person on behalf of the authority.
(3) These Regulations shall not apply to any public authority to the extent that it is acting in a judicial or legislative capacity.
(4) These Regulations shall not apply to either House of Parliament to the extent required for the purpose of avoiding an infringement of the privileges of either House.
(5) Each government department is to be treated as a person separate from any other government department for the purposes of Parts 2, 4 and 5 of these Regulations.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: