- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
37. (1) Subject to paragraph (4), light signals for the control of vehicular traffic entering or proceeding along a motorway, shall be—
(a)of the size, colour and type shown in diagram 6031.1 or 6032.1; and
(b)operated in accordance with the requirements specified in paragraph (2).
(2) The requirements are that—
(a)each lamp shall show an intermittent red light at a rate of flashing of not less than 60 nor more than 90 flashes per minute, and in such a manner that the lights of one vertical pair are always shown when the lights of the other vertical pair are not shown; and
(b)the red cross or the white symbol shown in diagram 6031.1 or 6032.1 shall be illuminated by a steady light when the red lights are flashing.
(3) Light signals for the control of vehicular traffic entering or proceeding along an all-purpose dual carriageway road may also be the size, colour and type prescribed by paragraph (1) and operated in accordance with the requirements specified in paragraph (2).
(4) Light signals for the control of vehicular traffic—
(a)entering a motorway by means of a slip road; or
(b)entering a motorway which is a roundabout may, instead of complying with paragraphs (1) and (2), be of the size, colour and type prescribed by regulation 33 or 34.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: