- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
7.—(1) Where the Secretary of State receives an application for a permit accompanied by the fee prescribed by regulation 6 above he shall publish a notice in the Gazettes which—
(a)states that a copy of the application may be obtained on request;
(b)specifies an address from which such a copy may be obtained;
(c)specifies a date not less than 4 weeks after the date of publication or (if the notice is not published on the same day in each Gazette) last publication of the notice by which persons may make representations regarding the application; and
(d)specifies an address to which such representations are to be sent.
(2) Subject to paragraph (5) below, where the Secretary of State receives a request pursuant to paragraph (1) above in relation to an application for a permit prior to the granting of that permit, he shall forthwith supply to the person requesting it a copy of the application in question.
(3) Subject to paragraph (5) below, where the Secretary of State is aware that the operation of an offshore combustion installation is likely to have a significant effect on the environment of an EEA State, or where that State so requests, the Secretary of State shall forward a copy of the application to the State in question as soon as possible and no later than the date it is made available to the public (except in a case where a request is made by the EEA State after that date).
(4) Where the Secretary of State has supplied a copy of an application for a permit pursuant to paragraph (3) above, he shall indicate to the EEA State in question the date on which the decision in relation to the granting of the permit is likely to be made and an address to which any representations should be sent.
(5) Subject to paragraph (6) below, nothing in this regulation shall require the disclosure of any information which is by virtue of the law of any part of the United Kingdom subject to an obligation of confidentiality and—
(a)which relates to an individual; or
(b)the disclosure of which might adversely affect the interests in a business of any person carrying on that business.
(6) Nothing in paragraph (5) above shall prevent the disclosure of other information included with information to which that paragraph applies where that other information can be separated from the information to which that paragraph applies.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: