- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
8. (1) An operator shall apply in writing for a variation of the terms and conditions relating to a qualifying offshore combustion installation where he proposes to make a change in the operation of that installation and the operation of the installation after the making of that change would no longer be in accordance with the terms and conditions relating to that permit.
(2) Where the Secretary of State determines that the change planned by the operator would not be a substantial change he may grant the application and vary the terms and conditions of the permit accordingly.
(3) Where the Secretary of State grants an application pursuant to paragraph (2) above he may make the granting of the application subject to such further conditions as he shall think fit.
(4) Where the Secretary of State determines that the change would be a substantial change he shall refuse the application and serve a notice in writing on the applicant which states that—
(a)the proposed change would be in the opinion of the Secretary of State a substantial change; and
(b)the application is refused.
(5) Where an application made pursuant to paragraph (1) above is granted, the Secretary of State shall issue to the applicant a revised permit.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: