- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
1.—(1) These Regulations may be cited as the National Health Service (Charges for Drugs and Appliances) (Scotland) Amendment Regulations 1997 and shall come into force on 1st April 1997.
(2) In these Regulations, “the principal Regulations” means the National Health Service (Charges for Drugs and Appliances) (Scotland) Regulations 1989(1).
2.—(1) In regulation 3(1)(b) of the principal Regulations (supply of drugs and appliances by chemists), for the figure “£5.50” there shall be substituted the figure “£5.65”.
(2) In regulation 8(5) of the principal Regulations (pre-payment certificates)–
(a)for the figure “£28.50” there shall be substituted the figure “£29.30”; and
(b)for the figure “£78.40” there shall be substituted the figure “£80.50”.
(3) For Schedules 1, 2 and 3 to the principal Regulations there shall be substituted those Schedules as set out in the Schedule to these Regulations.
3. These Regulations shall apply in relation to supplies of drugs and appliances made after 31st March 1997 except that–
(a)the substitution of Schedule 3 by regulation 2(3) above shall apply only where the examination or first examination leading to the supply of the specified appliance takes place after that date; and
(b)the amendment of regulation 8 (pre-payment certificates) of the principal Regulations by regulation 2(2) above shall apply only where the application referred to in paragraph (1) of the said regulation 8 is received after that date.
Minister of State, Scottish Office
St Andrew’s House,
6th March 1997