- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
1.—(1) This Order may be cited as the Contracting Out (Highway Functions) Order 1995 and shall come into force on the day after the day on which it is made.
(2) In this Order, unless the context otherwise requires:
“the 1980 Act” means the Highways Act 1980(1);
“the 1991 Act” means the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991(2);
“highway” has the same meaning as it has in section 328 of the 1980 Act;
“highway authority” has the same meaning as it has in section 1 of the 1980 Act;
“highway connected land” means land which does not form part of a highway but which has been acquired by the Secretary of State for Transport in connection with a highway under section 239(1) or (4) or section 246 of the 1980 Act or otherwise; and
“Secretary of State” means the Secretary of State for Transport.
(3) In Schedule 1 to this Order, any expression used in the 1980 Act has the same meaning as it has in that Act unless the context otherwise requires.
(4) In Schedule 2 to this Order, any expression used in the 1991 Act has the same meaning as it has in that Act unless the context otherwise requires.
2. Any function of the Secretary of State for Transport which is listed in Schedule 1, 2 or 3 to this Order may be exercised by, or by employees of, such person (if any) as may be authorised in that behalf by the Secretary of State for Transport.
3. Section 6(8) of the 1980 Act shall be amended by substituting for the words “with the provisions of this section” the words
the provisions of this section; or
the provisions of any order made under section 69 of the Deregulation and Contracting Out Act 1994”.
Signed by authority of the Secretary of State for Transport
Minister of State,
Department of Transport
24th July 1995
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.