- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
4. (1) An order shall be made in duplicate and, where the order is submitted to the Secretary of State for confirmation, the order and duplicate shall be sent to him accompanied by:
(a)two copies of the order,
(b)a copy of the notice given before submission as required by Schedule 6 to the Act,
(c)a statement of the grounds on which the authority consider that the order should be confirmed,
(d)any representations or objections duly made with respect to the order and not withdrawn, together with any observations on them of the authority, and
(e)in any case in which the authority is required to obtain the consent of, or to consult with, any other authority or body before the order is made, a certificate by the authority that such consent has been obtained or such consultation has taken place together with a statement of the nature and effect of such consultation.
(2) Any proceedings preliminary to the confirmation of a public path extinguishment order or a rail crossing extinguishment order may be taken concurrently with any proceedings preliminary to the confirmation of a public path creation order, a public path diversion order or a rail crossing diversion order(1).
(3) After a decision not to confirm an order, the authority shall, as soon as the requirements of paragraph 4(3) of Schedule 6 to the Act have been complied with, so certify in writing to the Secretary of State.
(4) After an order has been confirmed by the Secretary of State, the authority shall, as soon as the requirements of paragraph 4(1) of Schedule 6 to the Act have been complied with, so certify in writing to the Secretary of State.
(5) After an order has been confirmed, the authority shall send a copy of it as confirmed to the Ordnance Survey.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: