- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. For the purpose of connecting the motorway with other highways at the places stated in the schedule thereto, the Secretary of State is authorised to provide along the routes described in that schedule special roads for the use of traffic of Classes I and II of the classes of traffic set out in Schedule 4 to the Highways Act 1980.
2. The centre line of each of the special roads is indicated by a heavy black line on the deposited plan.
3. The special roads shall become trunk roads on the date when this Scheme comes into force.
4. In this Scheme–
(i)“the motorway” means the (M1) London–Yorkshire Motor way;
(ii)“the deposited plan” means the plan numbered HA16 EM6 marked “The (M1) London–Yorkshire Motorway (A46 Leicester Western Bypass) Connecting Roads (Supplementary) Scheme 1991”, signed by authority of the Secretary of State and deposited at the Department of Transport, Romney House, 43 Marsham Street, London SW1P 3PY;
(iii)“the special roads” means the special roads which the Secretary of State is authorised by this Scheme to provide; and
(iv)“the Leicester Western Bypass” means the trunk road to be constructed by the Secretary of State in pursuance of the (A46) Bath–Lincoln Trunk Road (Leicester Western Bypass and Slip Roads) Order 1991, and the (A46) Bath–Lincoln Trunk Road (Lei cester Western Bypass and Slip Roads) (Sup plementary) Order 1991.
5. This Scheme shall come into force on 27th November 1991 and may be cited as the (M1) London–Yorkshire Motorway (A46 Leicester Western Bypass) Connecting Roads (Supplementary) Scheme 1991.
Signed by authority of theSecretary of State for Transport
D. J. Morrison
Regional Director East Midlands Region,
Department of Transport
22nd October 1991
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: