- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
3.—(1) An application for the grant, renewal or variation of a firearm certificate shall be in the form set out in Part I of Schedule 1.
(2) The information given by an applicant for the grant or renewal of a firearm certificate in answer to the questions numbered 1 to 15 in the form of application referred to in paragraph (1) above shall be verified in the manner specified in rule 5 below.
(3) An application for the grant or renewal of a firearm certificate shall be accompanied by—
(a)the statement referred to in rule 6 below, and
(b)four photographs of the applicant as specified in rule 7 below.
(4) A firearm certificate shall be granted or renewed subject to the following conditions (whether or not in addition to any other conditions), namely:—
(a)the holder must, on receipt of the certificate, sign it in ink with his usual signature;
(b)the holder of the certificate must inform at once the chief officer of police by whom the certificate was granted of the theft or loss in Great Britain of any firearm or ammunition to which it relates;
(c)the holder of the certificate must, without undue delay, inform the chief officer of police by whom the certificate was granted of any change in his permanent address;
(d)(i)the firearms and ammunition to which the certificate relates must at all times (except in the circumstances set out in paragraph
(ii)below) be stored securely so as to prevent, so far as is reasonably practicable, access to the firearms or ammunition by an unauthorised person;
(ii)where a firearm or ammunition to which the certificate relates is in use or the holder of the certificate has the firearm with him for the purpose of cleaning, repairing or testing it or for some other purpose connected with its use, transfer or sale, or the firearm is in transit to or from a place in connection with its use or any such purpose, reasonable precautions must be taken for the safe custody of the firearm or the ammunition.
(5) A firearm certificate shall bear a photograph of the holder and shall be in the form set out in Part II of Schedule 1.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: