- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. This Order may be cited as the Criminal Justice Act 1987 (CommencementNo. 1) Order 1987.
2. (1) Subject to paragraphs (2) and (3) below, the provisions of the Criminal Justice Act 1987 specified in the Schedule to this Order shall come into force on 20th July 1987.
(2) Section 1 of the said Act of 1987 (including Schedule 1 thereto) shall so come into force for the purposes only of the appointment of a person to be the Director of the Serious Fraud Office, the appointment of staff for the Office and the doing of such other things as may be necessary or expedient for the establishment of the Office.
(3) Nothing in section 12 of the said Act of 1987 shall apply to things done before 20th July 1987.
One of Her Majesty’s Principal Secretaries of State
17th June 1987
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: