- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site. The electronic version of this UK Statutory Instrument has been contributed by Westlaw and is taken from the printed publication. Read more
1.—(1) These regulations may be cited as the Operations in Areas of Archaeological Importance (Forms of Notice etc.) Regulations 1984 and shall come into operation on 17th August 1984.
(2) The following requirements of these regulations apply only in relation to operations in areas of archaeological importance in England and Wales.
(3) In these regulations, “the Act” means
2. The form set out in Part I of Schedule 1 hereto or a form substantially similar thereto is prescribed as the form required for the purposes of section 35 of the Act (an ‘operations notice’).
3. The form of certificate set out in Part II of Schedule 1 hereto or a form of certificate substantially similar thereto is prescribed as the form of the certificate required by section 35(4)(b) of the Act to accompany a notice under section 35.
4. A district or London borough council on whom an operations notice is served in accordance with section 35(5) shall—
(a)within 7 days of receipt of the notice serve a copy of it (together with the certificate and any other documents accompanying the notice)—
(i)on the investigating authority appointed for the relevant area of archaeological importance; or
(ii)where no particular authority is so appointed, on the Historic Buildings and Monuments Commission for England as respects a site in England, or on the Secretary of State for Wales as respects a site in Wales; and
(b)if the operations described in the notice are to be carried out after clearance of the site, advise the developer in writing within 14 days of receipt of the notice of the name and address of the relevant investigating authority and of his duty under section 35(7) of the Act to notify the investigating authority of the clearance of the site immediately on completion of the clearance operations.
5. The form set out in Schedule 2 hereto or a form substantially similar thereto is prescribed as the form to be used to give notice pursuant to section 38(3) of the Act (notice of intention to excavate to be given by investigating authorities).
Signed by authority of the Secretary of State
Minister of State for Local Government
Department of the Environment
10th August 1984
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.