- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
Scottish Statutory Instruments
29th March 2000
Coming into force
1st April 2000
The Scottish Ministers, in exercise of the powers conferred upon them by sections 191 and 192 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1987(1) and of all other powers enabling them in that behalf, after consultation with such associations of local authorities as appear to them to be concerned, hereby make the following Order, a draft of which has in accordance with section 191(9) of that Act, been laid before and approved by resolution of the Scottish Parliament:
1.—(1) This Order may be cited as the Housing Support Grant (Scotland) Order 2000 and shall come into force on 1st April 2000.
(2) In this Order–
(a)“the number of houses of the authority” means the estimate of the number of houses to which the housing revenue account of the authority, at 30th September 2000, relates; and
(b)any reference to any type of expenditure, charge or income which is estimated is a reference to such an estimate made by the Scottish Ministers.
2. The aggregate amount of the housing support grants for the year 2000-2001 shall be £9,612,887.
3.—(1) The aggregate amount of the housing support grants for the year 2000-2001 shall be divided into 2 portions, the “general portion” and the “hostel portion”.
(2) The general portion shall amount to £6,248,861 and shall be apportioned among the local authorities listed in Schedule 1 to this Order according to their respective estimated net expenditures for the year 2000-2001 assessed in the manner provided for in Schedule 2 to this Order.
(3) The hostel portion shall amount to £3,364,026 and shall be apportioned among the local authorities listed in Schedule 3 to this Order, according to their respective estimated net expenditures for the year 2000-2001 on those buildings specified in paragraph 1(1)(e) of Schedule 15 to the Housing (Scotland) Act 1987 (which provides for lodging houses and hostels as buildings for the purposes of a local authority’s housing revenue account).
Authorised to sign by the Scottish Ministers
St Andrew’s House,
29th March 2000
Comhairle nan Eilean Siar
The estimated net expenditure of a local authority listed in Schedule 1 to this Order for the purposes of apportionment of the general portion shall be the amount arrived at by addition of the amounts specified in items 1 to 5 below less the amounts specified in items 6 and 7 below.
1. Estimated loan charges due to be debited to the local authority’s housing revenue account for the year 2000-2001 under paragraph 3(a) of Schedule 15 to the Housing (Scotland) Act 1987, other than loan charges in respect of hostels and lodging houses.
2. For supervision and management–
(a)£219.75 multiplied by the number of houses of the authority; and
(b)for authorities with stocks of houses not exceeding 3,000 a supplementary amount of £87.90 per house.
3. For repairs and maintenance, £613.02 multiplied by the number of houses of the authority.
4. Estimated rents lost because of unlet houses.
5. Estimated other miscellaneous expenditure which may properly be included in the authority’s housing revenue account.
6. £2215.64 multiplied by the number of the authority’s houses other than houses leased by the authority for periods of 5 years or less.
7. Estimated income other than rental income which may properly be included in the authority’s housing revenue account.
Argyll and Bute
City of Edinburgh
City of Glasgow
Perth and Kinross
(This note is not part of the Order)
This Order fixes for the year 2000-2001 the aggregate amount of the housing support grants payable to some local authorities under section 191 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1987; lists the councils among whom the grants will be apportioned; and prescribes the method of apportionment among those councils of the general and hostel portions of the aggregate amount.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: