- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. Any pre-trial and pre-sentence reports examined by the sentencing court and any police report on the circumstances of the offence(s).
2. Any report on the prisoner while he was subject to a transfer direction under Article 53 of the Mental Health (Northern Ireland) Order 1986(1).
3. Any current reports on the prisoner’s performance and behaviour in prison, where relevant, (reports previously examined by the Commissioners need only be summarised), including any:
record of offences against discipline;
reports on any temporary release;
details of, and reports on compliance with, any sentence management plan;
reports on the prisoner’s health including mental health;
assessment of the likelihood of re-offending and the risk of the prisoner being a danger to the public if released immediately; or
assessment of suitability for release on licence and licence conditions.
4. An up-to-date report prepared for the Commissioners by a probation officer, including any reports on the following:
details of the prisoner’s home address, family circumstances, and family attitudes towards the prisoner;
alternative options if the prisoner cannot return home;
the opportunity for employment on release;
the local community’s attitude towards the prisoner (if known);
the attitudes and concerns of the victim(s) of the offence(s) (if known);
the prisoner’s view of the index offence;
the prisoner’s response to previous periods of supervision;
the prisoner’s behaviour during any temporary release from prison during the current sentence;
the prisoner’s attitude to the prospect of release, and requirements and objectives of supervision;
an assessment of the likelihood of re-offending and the risk of serious harm;
a programme of supervision;
a view on suitability for release; and
recommendations regarding any special licence conditions.
5. Any interview report prepared at the direction of the Chief Commissioner under rule 3(4).
6. Any other information which the Secretary of State considers relevant to the case and wishes to draw to the attention of the Commissioners.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Rule and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Rule accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Northern Ireland Statutory Rule or Draft Northern Ireland Statutory Rule laid before the UK Parliament during the suspension of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: