- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made) - English
- Original (As made) - Welsh
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
27. (1) The presiding officer, on the application of a voter or proxy—
(a)who is incapacitated by blindness or other disability from voting in the manner directed by these Rules, or
(b)who declares orally that the voter or proxy is unable to read,
must, in the presence of the polling observers (if any), cause that person’s vote to be marked on a ballot paper in the manner directed by that person, and the ballot paper to be placed in the ballot box.
(2) The name and number on the register of electors of every person whose vote is marked in pursuance of this rule, and the reason why it is so marked, must be entered on a list (in these Rules called “the list of votes marked by the presiding officer”).
In the case of a person voting as proxy for a voter, the number to be entered together with the proxy’s name is to be the number in the register of the voter.
(3) In the case of a person in respect of whom a notice has been issued under section 13B(3B) or (3D) of the 1983 Act, paragraph (2) applies as if for “on the register of electors of every person” there were substituted “relating to every person in respect of whom a notice has been issued under section 13B(3B) or (3D) of the 1983 Act”.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. The revised version is currently only available in English.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - English:The original English language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - Welsh:The original Welsh language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: