- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made) - English
- Original (As made) - Welsh
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
4. Each local authority must make arrangements in accordance with these regulations for the handling and consideration of complaints and the arrangements must be in writing.
5. Each local authority must designate a senior officer to be responsible for seeking to ensure compliance with the arrangements made by the local authority under these Regulations.
6.—(1) Each local authority must appoint a person, in these Regulations referred to as a complaints officer, to manage the procedures for handling and considering complaints and in particular—
(a)to perform the functions of the complaints officer under these Regulations;
(b)to perform such other functions in relation to complaints as the local authority may require; and
(c)to co-operate with such other persons or bodies as may be necessary in order to investigate or resolve complaints.
(2) The functions of the complaints officer may be performed by any person authorised by the local authority to act on behalf of the complaints officer.
(3) A complaints officer may be—
(a)a person who is not an employee of the local authority; and
(b)appointed as complaints officer for more than one body.
7.—(1) Each local authority must ensure that there is effective publicity of its complaints arrangements.
(2) Each local authority must take all reasonable steps to ensure that service users and their carers, if any, are informed of its arrangements, the name of its complaints officer and the address at which the complaints officer can be contacted.
(3) A copy of the arrangements made under regulation 3 must be given, free of charge, to any person who makes a request for one.
(4) Each local authority must take all reasonable steps to provide a copy of its arrangements in any form requested by the service user or other person making a complaint on the service user’s behalf.
8. Each local authority must ensure that their staff are informed about and appropriately trained in the operation of the complaints procedure.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. The revised version is currently only available in English.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - English:The original English language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - Welsh:The original Welsh language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: