- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made) - English
- Original (As made) - Welsh
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
2. (1) On the transfer date the functions of the Agency are transferred to the Assembly in accordance with the provisions of Schedules 1 and 2 which amend the enactments relating to the Agency for the purpose of—
(a)transferring its functions to the Assembly, and
(b)making provision consequential on or incidental or supplementary to the transfer.
(2) On the transfer date there are transferred to and vested in the Assembly by virtue of this paragraph all property, rights and liabilities to which the Agency was entitled or subject immediately before that date.
(3) The rights and liabilities referred to in paragraph (2) above include those arising under any contract of employment made between a relevant employee and the Agency.
(4) The Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations 1981(1) apply to the transfer of the functions of the Agency to the Assembly whether or not apart from this provision, the discharge of these functions would be treated as an undertaking in the nature of a commercial venture for the purposes of those Regulations.
(5) Notwithstanding anything in any other part of this Order or in the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations 1981, where the effect of this article is that a person who is an alien becomes a member of the Assembly’s staff, section 34(2) of the Government of Wales Act 1998 does not apply to the contract of employment of that person before the transfer date.
(6) A certificate issued by the Assembly that any property has been transferred by paragraph (2) is to be conclusive evidence of the transfer.
(7) Paragraph (2) has effect in relation to the property, rights or liabilities to which it applies in spite of any provision (of whatever nature) which would prevent or restrict the transfer of the property, rights or liabilities otherwise than by that paragraph.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. The revised version is currently only available in English.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - English:The original English language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Original (As Enacted or Made) - Welsh:The original Welsh language version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: