- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
1. Subject to paragraph 2, the modifications to the Police (Conduct) Regulations 2008 (“the 2008 Regulations”) in this Part have effect in every case to which those Regulations continue to apply.
2. The modifications in paragraphs 5 and 6 do not have effect in a case in which any person was appointed before 22nd November 2012 to conduct misconduct proceedings under regulation 26, 26A or 27, or to conduct a special case hearing under regulation 47, 47A or 48, and the proceedings or hearing have not been completed by that date.
3. In regulation 3(1)—
(a)after the definition of “the Performance Regulations”, insert the definition of “acting chief officer” which appears in regulation 3(1) of these Regulations;
(b)for the definition of “appropriate authority” and “police staff member” substitute the definitions which appear in regulation 3(1) of these Regulations.
4. In regulation 25(4)(c), for “police authority or the Mayor’s Office for Policing and Crime” substitute “local policing body”.
5. Omit regulations 26, 27, 47 and 48.
6. In regulations 26A, 34, 34A, 35, 36, 47A, 54, 54A, 55 and 56 omit the words “of the Metropolitan Police Force” wherever they appear.
7. In regulation 26A(2)(c), for “police authority or the Mayor’s Office for Policing and Crime” substitute “local policing body”.
8. In regulation 47A(2)(c), for “police authority or the Mayor’s Office for Policing and Crime” substitute “local policing body”.
9. In regulation 58(2), for “the police authority of the police force concerned or, in the case of the Commissioner of Police of the Metropolis, the Mayor’s Office for Policing and Crime” substitute “the local policing body for the police force concerned”.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: