- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
8.—(1) A fund may be deposited at a District Registry or county court or the Mayor’s and City of London Court in accordance with this rule.
(2) A fund may be deposited at a District Registry or county court:
(a)in respect of proceedings at that District Registry or county court by a litigant in person without a current account; or
(b)where an enactment authorises a deposit at a District Registry or county court.
(3) A fund may only be deposited under paragraph (2)(a) as cash.
(4) A fund may only be deposited under paragraph (2)(b):
(a)by means of a cheque or banker’s draft made payable to the Accountant General of the Senior Courts;
(b)as securities; or
(c)as cash, if deposited by a person without a current account.
(5) In addition, a fund may be deposited as cash at the Mayor’s and City of London Court:
(a)in respect of proceedings at the Royal Courts of Justice, by a litigant in person without a current account; or
(b)by a person who is required by or under an enactment to give security for costs in respect of proceedings for an election petition.
(6) The Accountant General shall only accept a deposit made under this rule if the documents required under rule 6 are provided with the deposit.
(7) The District Registry, county court or the Mayor’s and City of London Court, as the case may be, shall forward the deposit to the Accountant General within one working day of receipt, together with:
(a)any document provided to comply with rule 6; and
(b)confirmation of the date of receipt.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: