- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
5.—(1) Any person who is aggrieved by a decision of an inspector to serve a notice under this Schedule may appeal to a magistrate’s court or, in Scotland, to the sheriff.
(2) The procedure on appeal to a magistrate’s court is by way of complaint and the Magistrates’ Court Act 1980(1) or, in the case of Northern Ireland, the Magistrates’ Courts (Northern Ireland) Order 1981(2), applies to the proceedings.
(3) An appeal to the sheriff is by summary application.
(4) The period within which an appeal must be brought is 28 days from the service of the notice or, in the case of an enforcement notice, the period specified in the notice, whichever ends earlier.
(5) A notice served under this Schedule must state—
(a)the right of appeal to a magistrates’ court or the sheriff; and
(b)the period in which such an appeal may be brought.
(6) On an appeal under this paragraph, the court may either cancel or affirm the notice and, if it affirms the notice, it may do so either in its original form or with such modifications as it thinks fit; and a reference in this sub-paragraph to a court includes, in relation to Scotland, a reference to the sheriff.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: