- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
11.—(1) Having completed calculations A, B and C for an obligation period, the Secretary of State is to determine the total number of renewables obligation certificates required to be produced by designated electricity suppliers (“the total obligation”) for that period in accordance with paragraphs (2) to (5).
(2) Where calculation A is greater than calculation B for an obligation period, the total obligation for that period is calculation A.
(3) Subject to paragraph (4), where calculation B is greater than calculation A for an obligation period, the total obligation for that period is calculation B.
(4) Where calculation B is greater than calculations A and C for an obligation period, the total obligation for that period is calculation C.
(5) References to the total obligation in article 12 are to be construed accordingly.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: