- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
6. (1) This paragraph applies where, before the appointed day, the Commission directed an inquiry to be held under section 14(2) of the existing Act.
(2) Section 14 of the Act shall continue to apply in relation to that inquiry on or after the appointed day but as if all things done or required to be done by or in relation to the Commission under that section were done or required to be done by or in relation to the new Executive.
(3) Where the Commission agreed before the appointed day to exercise its power under section 14(6)(b) or (c) of the existing Act to pay remuneration or expenses to any person in respect of the inquiry or to defray costs of the inquiry, the new Executive shall pay such remuneration or expenses or defray the costs of the inquiry as agreed.
(4) Sub-paragraph (3) does not affect the new Executive’s power under section 14(6) of the Act to make other payments of remuneration or expenses or to defray costs.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: