- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
67. (1) In any case in which the Governor consults the Executive Council, he or she may act against the advice given to him or her by the Council—
(a)if, in his or her judgement, it would be right to do so in the interests of good governance; or
(b)if, in his or her judgement, such advice would affect any of the matters mentioned in subsection (2).
(2) The matters referred to in subsection (1)(b) are—
(c)internal security, including the police;
(d)administration of justice;
(f)appointments to the public service, the discipline and removal from office of public officers, and the management of the public service.
(3) If the Governor decides to act against the advice given to him or her by the Executive Council pursuant to subsection (1), the Governor shall forthwith—
(a)report the matter to a Secretary of State; and
(b)convey to a Secretary of State the views of the Executive Council on the matter.
(4) Whenever the Governor acts against the advice of the Executive Council any member of it may require that there shall be recorded in the minutes any advice or opinion he or she gave on the question at issue and his or her reasons.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: