- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
4. (1) Any existing case, as defined in paragraph (2), is to be treated from the relevant date as though the person with care had made an application under section 4 of the 1991 Act.
(2) In paragraph (1) an existing case is one in which, immediately before 14th July 2008, section 6 of the 1991 Act applied in relation to a parent with care and—
(a)a maintenance calculation or assessment was in force as a result of the Secretary of State acting under that section; or
(b)no maintenance calculation or assessment had been made but the Secretary of State had given notice in accordance with regulation 5 of the Child Support (Maintenance Calculation Procedure) Regulations 2000(1) or regulation 5 of the Child Support (Maintenance Assessment Procedure) Regulations 1992(2).
(3) Paragraph (1) is not to apply in any case where the maintenance assessment or calculation ceases to have effect, or would have ceased to have effect had it been made, before the relevant date.
(4) The repeal of section 6 of the 1991 Act is not to prevent the Secretary of State from exercising any powers that he would have otherwise had under section 41 of the 1991 Act to recover and retain arrears of child support maintenance accrued in relation to any period before the relevant date.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: