- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
29. (1) In assessing the compensation payable to any person on the acquisition from him of any land under this Order, the tribunal shall not take into account—
(a)any interest in land; or
(b)any enhancement of the value of any interest in land by reason of any building erected, works executed or improvement or alteration made on relevant land,
if the tribunal is satisfied that the creation of the interest, the erection of the building, the execution of the works or the making of the improvement or alteration was not reasonably necessary and was undertaken with a view to obtaining compensation or increased compensation.
(2) In paragraph (1) “relevant land” means the land acquired from the person concerned or any other land with which he is, or was at the time when the building was erected, the works executed or the improvement or alteration made, directly or indirectly concerned.
30. (1) In assessing the compensation payable to any person in respect of the acquisition from him under this Order of any land (including the subsoil) the tribunal shall set off against the value of the land so acquired any increase in value of any contiguous or adjacent land belonging to that person in the same capacity which will accrue to him by reason of the construction of the authorised works.
(2) In assessing the compensation payable to any person in respect of the acquisition from him of any new rights over land (including the subsoil) under article 25 (power to acquire new rights), the tribunal shall set-off against the value of the rights so acquired—
(a)any increase in the value of the land over which the new rights are required; and
(b)any increase in value of any contiguous or adjacent land belonging to that person in the same capacity,
which will accrue to him by reason of the construction of the authorised works.
(3) The 1961 Act shall have effect, subject to paragraphs (1) and (2), as if this Order were a local enactment for the purposes of that Act.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: