- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
27.—(1) An applicant for registration in a register maintained under regulation 25 must make an application in such manner and provide such information as the Commissioners may specify.
(2) The information which the Commissioners may specify includes—
(a)the applicant’s name and (if different) the name of the business;
(b)the nature of the business;
(c)the name of the nominated officer (if any);
(d)in relation to a money service business or trust or company service provider—
(i)the name of any person who effectively directs or will direct the business and any beneficial owner of the business; and
(ii)information needed by the Commissioners to decide whether they must refuse the application pursuant to regulation 28.
(3) At any time after receiving an application and before determining it, the Commissioners may require the applicant to provide, within 21 days beginning with the date of being requested to do so, such further information as they reasonably consider necessary to enable them to determine the application.
(4) If at any time after the applicant has provided the Commissioners with any information under paragraph (1) or (3)—
(a)there is a material change affecting any matter contained in that information; or
(b)it becomes apparent to that person that the information contains a significant inaccuracy,
he must provide the Commissioners with details of the change or, as the case may be, a correction of the inaccuracy within 30 days beginning with the date of the occurrence of the change (or the discovery of the inaccuracy) or within such later time as may be agreed with the Commissioners.
(5) The obligation in paragraph (4) applies also to material changes or significant inaccuracies affecting any matter contained in any supplementary information provided pursuant to that paragraph.
(6) Any information to be provided to the Commissioners under this regulation must be in such form or verified in such manner as they may specify.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: