- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
31. (1) Any requirement imposed under these Rules as to the giving or sending by one person to another of a notice or other document may be met by means of an electronic communication if—
(a)the use of such a communication results in the information contained in that notice or document being available to the other person in all material respects as it would appear in a notice or document given or sent in printed form; and
(b)the other person has consented to the information being made available to him by such means.
(2) Where, under paragraph (1), an electronic communication is used for the purposes of giving or sending a document, any requirement for the notice or document to be given or sent by a particular time shall be met in respect of an electronic communication only if the conditions mentioned in paragraph (1) are met by that time.
(3) For the purposes of paragraph (1)(a), “in all material respects” means in all respects material to an exact reproduction of the information that the notice or document would contain were it to be given or sent in printed form.
(4) In this rule, “electronic communication” has the meaning given in section 15(1) of the Electronic Communications Act 2000(1).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: