- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
33. (1) Subject to paragraphs (2) and (3), a regular police officer who is entitled to a deferred pension payable, in accordance with regulation 32(4), upon his attaining the age of 65, may elect for immediate payment of that pension subject to an actuarial reduction:
Provided that no payment shall be made in respect of the period before the officer concerned attains the age of 55 years.
(2) An election under paragraph (1) shall be made by giving written notice to the police authority at least one month before the date on which the officer concerned wishes such payment to commence.
(3) The actuarial reduction shall be calculated by the police authority in accordance with tables prepared by the Scheme actuary.
(4) Where a regular police officer who has made an election under paragraph (1) dies, any survivor’s pension payable in respect of that officer shall be calculated as if no such election had been made.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: