- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
36. (1) Any act required or authorised by the Act to be done by or to any person in connection with the registration of a design, or any procedure relating to a registered design, may be done by or to an agent authorised by that person orally or in writing.
(2) But an agent shall only be treated as authorised under paragraph (1) where—
(a)he was nominated by the applicant at the time of—
(i)making his application for registration;
(ii)making his application for a declaration of invalidity under section 11ZB; or
(iii)making his application under section 19(1) or (2); or
(b)he has filed Form DF1A.
(3) Where an agent has been authorised under paragraph (1), the registrar may, if he thinks fit in any particular case, require the signature or presence of his principal.
37. (1) The registrar may appoint an adviser to assist him in any proceedings before him.
(2) The registrar shall settle any question or instructions to be submitted or given to the adviser.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: