- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
33. (1) It is the duty of the Agency from time to time to designate, and at all times to maintain in force a designation of a standard (in these Regulations referred to as a “coding standard”, making provision for the composition of consignment codes for the purposes of this Part.
(2) The coding standard must enable each consignment of hazardous waste to be given a unique consignment code.
(3) The standard shall make provision for different codes for consignment notes completed in relation to hazardous waste removed by pipeline pursuant to regulation 41, where piping is continuous for more than one quarter.
(4) The standard shall make provision for consignment codes to consist of letters, numbers or symbols, or any combination of letters, numbers and symbols.
34. (1) It is the duty of—
(a)the producer, in relation to—
(i)a consignment of hazardous waste to be removed from premises at which the waste is produced (other than a ship);
(ii)hazardous waste to be removed by pipeline from premises (other than a ship) situated in a case to which regulation 41 applies; or
(iii)hazardous waste to be deposited within the curtilage of premises at which it was produced;
(b)the master of the ship, in relation to any hazardous waste removed from a ship in a harbour area (including waste accidentally spilled on land adjacent to the ship); and
(c)the consignor, in relation to any other consignment of hazardous waste,
to assign to the hazardous waste a unique code in accordance with the coding standard for the time being in force.
(2) The code assigned pursuant to paragraph (1) shall be the consignment code of the hazardous waste concerned for the purposes of these Regulations.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: