- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
7. (1) By 30th April 2005 each producer shall apply to the Secretary of State for registration and declare responsibility for those vehicles which he has placed on the market before the date of his application for registration.
(2) From 1st May 2005 each producer shall apply to the Secretary of State for registration and declare responsibility for those vehicles which he places on the market, which were not the subject of a previous application for registration under paragraph (1), within six months of placing those vehicles on the market.
(3) Where a producer who has made a declaration under this regulation subsequently ceases to place vehicles on the market he shall inform the Secretary of State within 28 days of the change in his circumstances.
(4) An application by a producer to register shall—
(a)be made in writing; and
(b)contain at least the information set out in Schedule 1.
(5) The details provided by a producer in compliance with the obligations referred to in paragraphs (1), (2), (3) and (4) shall be included in the register of producers to be maintained by the Secretary of State for the purposes of these Regulations.
(6) Subject to regulation 9, a producer who has made a declaration under this regulation shall be treated as remaining responsible for the vehicles in respect of which a declaration has been made.
(7) Where a producer’s application for registration meets the requirements of paragraph (4), the Secretary of State shall, within—
(a)21 days of receipt of the application for registration made under paragraph (1); and
(b)28 days of receipt of the application for registration made under paragraph (2),
notify the producer that his application for registration has been granted.
(8) Where a producer’s application for registration is refused, the Secretary of State shall notify the producer in writing within 28 days of that decision together with the reasons for the decision.
(9) A registered producer shall inform the Secretary of State of any change in circumstances which relate to his registration (except those mentioned in regulation 8) within 28 days of the occurrence of any change.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: