- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
7. (1) Subject to paragraph (2), a producer making trade specific denatured alcohol must—
(a)make it in accordance with a formulation described in paragraph 3 of the Schedule, and
(b)comply with the standards and other requirements of paragraphs 4 to 6 and 11 of that Schedule (insofar as those paragraphs are applicable to the formulation he is following).
(2) Instead of following a formulation described in paragraph 3 of the Schedule, when making a batch of trade specific denatured alcohol a producer may make that batch in accordance with a formulation that is approved by the Commissioners under this regulation.
(3) The Commissioners may, if they think that in all the circumstances it is appropriate to do so, approve a formulation different from or as a variation on a trade specific denatured alcohol formulation described in paragraph 3 of the Schedule.
(4) The Commissioners' approval—
(a)may only be granted following a written application to them by a producer or other person (“the applicant”), and
(b)may be granted subject to such conditions as the Commissioners may reasonably impose,
and those conditions may be varied by the Commissioners for reasonable cause.
(5) The Commissioners may require for the purposes of their consideration of the application made under paragraph (4)—
(a)a written statement containing the reasons why, in the applicant’s opinion, completely denatured alcohol, industrial denatured alcohol, and a formulation of trade specific denatured alcohol described in paragraph 3 of the Schedule, would all be unsuitable or detrimental having regard to the use to which it is intended that the denatured alcohol will be put;
(b)samples of the proposed formulation of trade specific denatured alcohol and of the ingredients of that formulation; and
(c)any other information that the Commissioners determine to be material to their consideration of whether or not it would be appropriate for them to grant approval of the formulation in question.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: