- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
4. (1) Regulation 10 of the principal Regulations is amended as follows.
(2) In paragraph (1)—
(a)after the words “any adult firework”, there is inserted “or sparkler”;
(b)in sub-paragraph (a)—
(i)after the words “adult fireworks”, there is inserted “or sparklers”, and
(ii)for the words “which measures no less than 400 millimetres by 300 millimetres”, there is substituted “which measures no less than 420 millimetres by 297 millimetres”; and
(c)in sub-paragraph (b), after the words “adult fireworks”, there is inserted “or sparklers”.
(3) In paragraph (2)(a), after the words “adult fireworks”, there is inserted “or sparklers”.
(4) For paragraphs (3) and (4), there is substituted—
“(3) No person shall supply any adult firework unless he maintains for a period of three years, beginning with the date on which he supplies that firework, a record of the following information—
(a)the name and address of the person who supplied the firework to him;
(b)the name and address of the person to whom he is supplying the firework;
(c)the date when the firework was supplied to him;
(d)the date when he supplied the firework to another person; and
(e)the total amount of explosives contained in the firework supplied.
(3A) A person who supplies adult fireworks shall, if requested by a local licensing authority within the period mentioned in paragraph (3) above to provide any of the information mentioned in that paragraph, provide to that authority such information as is specified in the request.
(4) Paragraphs (3) and (3A) above shall not apply if, in a single transaction, the total amount of the explosives contained in the fireworks supplied is less than or equal to 50 kilograms.”
(5) In the cross heading, the word “adult” is deleted.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: