- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
9.—(1) The Medical Act is amended in accordance with this regulation.
(2) In section 3 (registration by virtue of primary United Kingdom or primary European qualifications), in subsection (3)—
(a)in the definition of “the EEA Agreement”, after “1993”, add “and as amended, so far as relevant to this Act, by Decisions of the EEA Joint Committee Nos. 7/94 of 21st March 1994, 190/99 of 17th December 1999, 89/2000 of 27th October 2000 and 84/2002 of 25th June 2002”;
(b)in the definition of “EEA State”, after “Agreement”, add “or Switzerland”.
(3) In section 5 (general functions of the Education Committee in relation to medical education in the United Kingdom), in subsection (4), in the definition of “Directive 93/16/EEC”, for paragraph (b), substitute—
“(b)as amended by—
(i)the Act annexed to the Treaty relating to the accession of the Kingdom of Norway, the Republic of Austria, the Republic of Finland and the Kingdom of Sweden to the European Union signed at Corfu on 24th June 1994, as adjusted by the Decision of the Council of the European Union of 1st January 1995 adjusting the instruments concerning the accession of new Member States to the European Union,
(iii)the Agreement between the European Community and its Member States, of the one part, and the Swiss Confederation, of the other, on the free movement of persons, signed at Luxembourg on 21st June 1999;”.
(4) In section 17 (primary qualifications obtained in other EEA States)—
(a)in subsection (3)(b), for “article 3 of”, substitute “Annex A to”;
(b)in subsection (6), omit “and” at the end of paragraph (d), and after paragraph (d) insert—
“(da)in the case of Switzerland, 1st June 2002; and”.
(5) For Schedule 2 (primary European qualifications), substitute the Schedule 2 set out in Part I of Schedule 4 to these Regulations.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: