- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
9. (1) Any person who is about to leave the Isle of Man shall, if he is required to do so by an officer of Customs and Excise—
(a)declare whether or not he has with him any restricted goods which are destined for the Democratic Republic of the Congo or for delivery, directly or indirectly, to or to the order of any person in the Democratic Republic of the Congo; and
(b)produce any such goods as aforesaid which he has with him.
(2) Any such officer, and any person acting under his direction, may search that person for the purpose of ascertaining whether he has with him any such goods as aforesaid:
Provided that no person shall be searched in pursuance of this paragraph except by a person of the same sex.
(3) Any person who without reasonable excuse refuses to make a declaration, or fails to produce any goods, or refuses to allow himself to be searched in accordance with the foregoing provisions of this article, shall be guilty of an offence.
(4) Any person who under the provisions of this article makes a declaration which to his knowledge is false in a material particular, or recklessly makes any declaration which is false in a material particular, shall be guilty of an offence.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: